CSDERUPLNL
Homepage

Church of Mary Magdalene, Sobotka

Chrám Maří Magdaleny, Sobotka, author: Milan Drahoňovský

Bohemian Paradise

Sobotka, 507 43

 
The dean\\\\\'s Church of Mary Magdalene was built on the site of an older wooden shrine in the years 1590-1596. The original wooden parish church stood in Sobotka already in the 14th century. In the years 1590-96, the new Church of Mary Magdalene was built in its place in the Late Gothic style. The construction was financed by the owner of the estate, Oldřich Felix of Lobkovice, who gave the church a silver Late Gothic monstrance and an illuminated gradual, a richly decorated book of liturgical songs.

In the second half of the 19th century the chapel was demolished and the tower was lowered. The interior of the church is in the Late Baroque style. On the main altar there is a painting of St. Mary Magdalene, on its sides there are sculptures of St. Wenceslaus and St. Anna. The interior of the church is also decorated by a pulpit with sculptures of the four Evangelists, Christ Victorious and a relief of the Last Judgement. The Rococo organ from 1748 with rich figural decoration is still functional.


Attachment

Sacrial Monuments: Church

Images gallery

Chrám Maří Magdaleny, Sobotka, author: Milan Drahoňovský

Chrám Maří Magdaleny, Sobotka

 
Chrám Maří Magdaleny, Sobotka, author: Milan Drahoňovský

Chrám Maří Magdaleny, Sobotka

 
 
 

Search

Top news

22.6.2022 13:25
31.5.2022 12:56
27.5.2022 18:15
18.2.2010 17:07
10.11.2021 12:00
22.6.2021 13:27
E-shop Českého ráje
 
 
Bohemian Paradise Association © 1992-2022  |  Antonína Dvořáka 335, 511 01 TURNOV
tel.: +420 481 540 253  |  info@cesky-raj.info  |  RSS 2.0

Tento projekt je spolufinancován z Evropského fondu pro regionální rozvoj prostřednictvím Euroregionu NISA
load