CSDERUPLNL
Homepage

Church of the the Birth of Virgin Mary, Turnov

Chrám Narození Panny Marie, author: Ing. Pavla Bičíková

Bohemian Paradise

Turnov, 511 01

 
The Neo-Gothic church is situated in the location where the Vartemberks, most likely Havel of Lemberk and his wife Zdislava established a Dominican convent with a large church consecrated tothe Virgin Mary in the late 13th century.

The Hussites burnt the monastery in 1424, also slaying the monks. The temple was demolished for its poor condition in the early 19th century. The temple was then replaced by one of the earliest Neo-Gothic churches in Bohemia built from 1825 to 53. This monumental three-nave basilica was consecrated to the Birth of the Virgin Mary. Its peculiar features include the never completed tower of the church, which has become a characteristic landmark of the town.

Location: Mariánské náměstí, Turnov

Attachment

Sacrial Monuments: Church

Related articles

 

Images gallery

Chrám Narození Panny Marie, author: Ing. Pavla Bičíková

Chrám Narození Panny Marie

 
Chrám Narození Panny Marie - interiér, author: Archiv TPCR

Chrám Narození Panny Marie - interiér

 
Chrám Narození Panny Marie - interiér, author: Archiv TPCR

Chrám Narození Panny Marie - interiér

 
Chrám Narození Panny Marie - interiér, author: Archiv TPCR

Chrám Narození Panny Marie - interiér

 
 
 

Search

Top news

18.2.2010 17:07
10.11.2021 12:00
22.6.2021 13:27
11.6.2021 11:17
3.6.2021 10:44
25.5.2021 13:28
E-shop Českého ráje
 
 
Bohemian Paradise Association © 1992-2022  |  Antonína Dvořáka 335, 511 01 TURNOV
tel.: +420 481 540 253  |  info@cesky-raj.info  |  RSS 2.0

Tento projekt je spolufinancován z Evropského fondu pro regionální rozvoj prostřednictvím Euroregionu NISA
load