Church of the Holy Spirit, Český Dub

Kostel sv. Ducha, author: Milan Drahoňovský

Macha Area

Kostelni ulice
Cesky Dub, 463 43

The late Roman-style church was built together with the Commandry of the Order of Knights of St. John in the middle of the 13th century.

The church used to be surrounded by a cemetery and the hospital adjacent to the northern wall often welcomed St. Zdislava, who would come here for her treatment. In the 1480s the church was destroyed by a fire; the new building by Konrád Pflüger was completed in 1490. The casing painted with templates and discovered here and the engraving of a leper's head on the corner of the square tower date from this period. The main entrance is crowned with a metal coat of arms of the Rohans. The baldachin portal with the original door in the presbytery dates back to 1530; the altars were made in the late 18th century and the organ in 1892.

Sacrial Monuments: Church

Images gallery

Kostel sv.Ducha, author: Milan Drahoňovský

Kostel sv.Ducha

Kostel sv. Ducha, author: Milan Drahoňovský

Kostel sv. Ducha

Kostel sv. Ducha, author: Milan Drahoňovský

Kostel sv. Ducha



Top news

18.2.2010 17:07
10.11.2021 12:00
22.6.2021 13:27
11.6.2021 11:17
3.6.2021 10:44
25.5.2021 13:28


Sobotka Karel - Glassworks
Sklářské studio Karel Sobotka - skleněné foukané figurky, author: archiv K. Sobotka
Blown Figurines - genuine regional products of the Bohemian Paradise.
Všichni výrobci
E-shop Českého ráje
Bohemian Paradise Association © 1992-2022  |  Antonína Dvořáka 335, 511 01 TURNOV
tel.: +420 481 540 253  |  info@cesky-raj.info  |  RSS 2.0

Tento projekt je spolufinancován z Evropského fondu pro regionální rozvoj prostřednictvím Euroregionu NISA