CSDERUPLNL
Homepage

Church of St. Catherine, Sloup v Čechách

Kostek sv. Kateřiny, author: Milan Drahoňovský

Lusetian Mountains

Sloup v Cechach, 471 52

 
St. Catherine`s Church is situated opposite the chateau. It was first mentioned in 1327.

A vast reconstruction took place in 1717 - 1719 giving the church its present appearance. A tower was added in 1815. The Baroque-style three-nave building with a prism-shaped tower on the north side is extended with two square-shaped chapels. The gable of the western facade features a statue of St. Catherine in a niche and a coat of arms of the Kinský family with the Golden Fleece above the portal. The main altar dates back to 1891 and is decorated with statues of St. Ludmila and St. Catherine by Antonín Max. One can find the tomb of Josef Maxmilián Kinský commemorating his contribution to the development of the dominion on the left of the altar.

Sacrial Monuments: Church

Images gallery

Kostek sv. Kateřiny, author: Milan Drahoňovský

Kostek sv. Kateřiny

 
Kostel sv. Kateřiny, author: Jana Nastoupilová

Kostel sv. Kateřiny

 
 
 

Search

Top news

18.2.2010 17:07
10.11.2021 12:00
22.6.2021 13:27
11.6.2021 11:17
3.6.2021 10:44
25.5.2021 13:28
E-shop Českého ráje
 
 
Bohemian Paradise Association © 1992-2022  |  Antonína Dvořáka 335, 511 01 TURNOV
tel.: +420 481 540 253  |  info@cesky-raj.info  |  RSS 2.0

Tento projekt je spolufinancován z Evropského fondu pro regionální rozvoj prostřednictvím Euroregionu NISA
load