CSDERUPLNL
Homepage

Stations of the Cross on Vysoký hřeben, Bedřichov

KRIZOVA CESTA NA VYSOKEM HREBENI, BEDRICHOV

Jizera Mountains

Janov nad Nisou, 468 11

 
The Stations of the Cross on Vysoký hřeben in the woods above Bedřichov date from 1878.

Josef Klamt, the then owner of the land, had Stations of the Cross built there. He did so because his sight had improved after drinking the local water. In the course of time other sacral buildings were added. The place was consecrated in 1903 and eventually became popular with both believers and tourists.

Nearby, a mountain chalet, known as Hašlerova chata, was built and used as an observation tower, among other things. Unfortunately, the original chalet has not been preserved and the site is now occupied by the Murano Hotel, but the place of pilgrimage was restored after 1989. In 1996 twelve new stations (by Reinhold Hüttmann) were installed at the site of the original Stations of the Cross and so was an altar painting on a tin sheet (by Libuše Rýdlová) in one of the stone blocks.

Attachment

Sacrial Monuments: Other

Related articles

Trniště - vrchol, author: Dana Tkáčová

 
 

Images gallery

KRIZOVA CESTA NA VYSOKEM HREBENI, BEDRICHOV

KRIZOVA CESTA NA VYSOKEM HREBENI, BEDRICHOV

 
 
 

Search

Top news

22.6.2022 13:25
31.5.2022 12:56
27.5.2022 18:15
18.2.2010 17:07
10.11.2021 12:00
22.6.2021 13:27
E-shop Českého ráje
 
 
Bohemian Paradise Association © 1992-2022  |  Antonína Dvořáka 335, 511 01 TURNOV
tel.: +420 481 540 253  |  info@cesky-raj.info  |  RSS 2.0

Tento projekt je spolufinancován z Evropského fondu pro regionální rozvoj prostřednictvím Euroregionu NISA
load