Ostruzno, 506 01
Accessibility for the blind - braille:
The dean\\\\\'s Church of Mary Magdalene was built on the site of an older wooden shrine in the years 1590-1596. The original wooden parish church stood in Sobotka already in the 14th century. In the years 1590-96, the new Church of Mary Magdalene was built in its place in the Late Gothic style. The construction was financed by the owner of the estate, Oldřich Felix of Lobkovice, who gave the church a silver Late Gothic monstrance and an illuminated gradual, a richly decorated book of liturgical songs.
The Marian garden is a tourist attraction situated south of Jičín. This vast area occupying more than 100 km2 offers a quiet environment with an interesting history. The major wealth of the site is its Baroque-style landscaping design from the turn of the 17th and 18th centuries, under the rule of Count František Josef Schlik.