Jilemnice, 514 01
Phone: +420 481 543 041
GSM: +420 737 225 429
Web: www.krnap.cz, www.kmjilemnice.cz
Then the property was inherited by the Harants of Polžice and Bezdružice. In 1701 the chateau was bought by the active noble family of Harrach, who enlarged the chateau (1714, 1895) and gave it its present look. During the Second World War their assets were confiscated and after the war the building and the lands were in the possession of Czechoslovak authorities. At present, the chateau is the residence of the Krkonoše Museum that was founded by Jáchym Metelka, the Director of the Girls' School, and Jan Buchar, a teacher (the exhibits come from the collections for the Czechoslovak Ethnographic Exhibition in 1891.
The museum displays rarities, such as Metelka's mechanical sound crib (1883 - 1913) or the finest linen yarn in the world. There are magnificent fully grown trees in the adjacent park, including a robust linden tree aged 250 years, the oldest tree in the town. Opposite the main gate to the park, there is a monument dedicated to František Pošepný, the world-famous geologist. The main entrance into the park is from Kostelní Street.
Expositions: Historic- ethnographic expositions, the history of Czech skiing, reminders of the noble Harrach family, a crib collection, a set of funeral guild-related signs, Kaván Gallery.
|July - August||Tu - Su||9:00 - 12:00|
|13:00 - 17:00|
|September - June||Tu - Su||8:00 - 12:00|
|13:00 - 16:00|
|Plné vstupné:||100,00 CZK|
|Rodinné vstupné:||200,00 CZK|
|Dětské vstupné:||50,00 CZK|
|Studentské vstupné:||50,00 CZK|
|Seniorské vstupné:||50,00 CZK|
Texts in foreign language: English, German, Russian, French
Services and facilities: Parking