Hejnice, 463 62
Hejnice is a well-known place of pilgrimage. Its history is closely connected with a miraculous picture and pilgrimage church dating back to 1211. Healing water, springing in near Libverda, allegedly helped cure sick people. In 1692 Count František Gallas founded a Franciscan monastery in Hejnice.
In the 16th century iron ore mines were opened near Hejnice. In the 19th century several textile factories were set up in the village and its surroundings. In 1917 Hejnice became a town. The town also includes Ferdinandov, a part of the town lying at the confluence of Bílý Štolpich and Černý Štolpich. In the middle of the village there is a small arboretum.
Hejnice is an ideal starting point for excursions to attractive parts of Jizerské hory, both in summer and winter.